slime on github

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Fri Jan 10 17:14:50 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 03:22 AM, João Távora wrote:
> Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:
>> Hello João,
>>
>> As a suggestion, the documentation should also be upgraded to reflect the change
>> to github and any other new features that are added.
> Yes. I reworked the setup instructions (and reworked the `slime-setup'
> mechanism slightly), have a look at the new README in the github home
> page and try it out.
I was referring to the manual that is in the slime/doc folder, which
still contains all the CVS instructions for downloading slime. I keep
the slime manual handy for reference. Sorry I didn't make myself clear
in my last message.

> Still, the trunk might always contain some instability, in those cases
> do fallback to the last tag and report those bugs in the issue
> tracker. We'll try to sort out a release strategy as soon as possible.
I did notice some problems in the master branch, so I checked out
SLIME_2 and used that.