Navigating SLIME Common Lisp code with lispy.el screencast

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:38:52 UTC 2014

Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:

> It'd be interesting to try and implement helm-backed alternatives for
> SLIME's apropos and xref facilities.

Yes, my thoughts too after watching the screencast. However, we might be
better served if those alternatives do not tie themselves to helm
explicitly. There are many completion/fuzzy-finding/etc frameworks there
and even Emacs proper is thinking of adopting one. See this (gigantic)
thread:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-11/msg00553.html

I for one would be quite happy with ido, icomplete or even bare
completing-read for these (these are all built into emacs already).

João