[Slime-devel] slime 2.4 with emacs 24.3.50: Loading problems after M-x slime

Sian Mountbatten poenikatu at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 13:35:08 UTC 2014

Hello.

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux (jessie) on amd64 architecture.

Usually, I do not have any problems with starting slime, but, now,
whenever I issue the command "M-x slime" in Emacs, I get lots of
STYLE-WARNING messages from sbcl showing redefinitions of swank
functions, followed by "Polling" messages suggesting that I issue the
command "M-x slime-abort-connection".

I have uploaded the part of my ~/.emacs.d/init.el file concerning the
Slime connection to http://paste.lisp.org/+31M2.

Could someone look at that paste and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

--
Dr Sian Mountbatten
http://www.poenikatu.co.uk/