Quesstion about Alt-. navigation to function definitions

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Wed Oct 30 19:21:51 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 09:35 AM, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
> Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at jkcunningham.com> writes:
>
>> On 10/30/2013 01:24 AM, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
>>> On the assumption that you have cl-ppcre relatively easily to hand, what
>>> does
>>>     (describe 'cl-ppcre:regex-apropos)
>>> say after you have loaded cl-ppcre through quicklisp?  (If you don't
>>> have cl-ppcre, substitute your favourite simple "utility")
>> Here's what it says:
>>
>> FTIS-V43> (describe 'cl-ppcre:regex-apropos)
>>    [...]
>>    Source file: /home/jcunningham/qigj/test-model.lisp
> Say, what?  regex-apropos is defined in cl-ppcre/api.lisp, at least in
> my copy.  Can you come up with any idea why this might happen?  (I do
> not have any idea what qigj is, nor what might be inside
> test-model.lisp)

I've been noticing that for some time. I'm sure it is a related symptom.
Slime thinks that's where regex-apropos is defined. In fact, it's in its
normal quicklisp location. the source file given is the code I loaded
the ftis-v43 package from within. And that package includes cl-ppcre and
everything else in its definition.

For example, if put point on a call like this (cl-ppcre:scan re "some
text") - on the "scan" I mean - and press C-c,d,d it shows me the
docstring as it should, but shows the source location - again - as that
same test-model.lisp source file.