Quesstion about Alt-. navigation to function definitions

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Thu Oct 31 02:39:36 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 06:13 PM, Dave Cooper wrote:

> The quicklisp/local-projects/ directory is just one convenient place
> to put stuff, nothing dictates that you have to put it there.
>
> You can also put your own .asd systems elsewhere and set up a call to:
>
>  (pushnew ".../my-projects/" ql:*local-project-directories* :test
> #'string-equal)
>  (ql:register-local-projects)
>
> Yes, you have to evaluate these two lines after making a new .asd
> file. But if you put all your projects under ".../my-projects/" then
> nothing else has to change so it can be part of a standard thingie you
> just call after setting up a new experimental project.

Thanks, Dave. I've been reading Zach's documentation and see that now.
Misconception on my part.

I just rebuilt a project following suggestions by Zach and yourself.
Gave it a new name. It loads via ql:quickload without complaint. And it
runs as before. Here's the way I am invoking the project:

(pushnew "/home/jcunningham/quest/jkc/ftisv44/"
ql:*local-project-directories* :test #'equalp)
(ql:register-local-projects)
(ql:quickload "ftisv44")

It loads just fine. The project asd file:

;;;; ftisv44.asd

(asdf:defsystem #:ftisv44
   :serial t
   :description "Integer model for vhdl verification and testing"
   :author "J.K.Cunningham"
   :depends-on (#:cl-ppcre
                #:cl-fad
                #:cl-gd-ext
                #:cl-who
                #:html5
                #:json-pt
                #:graham
                #:cl-extra)
   :components ((:file "package")
                (:file "common")
                (:file "vectors")
                (:file "waveforms")
                (:file "interface")
                (:file "model")
                (:file "post-processing")
                (:file "octave")
                (:file "vhdl")
                (:file "verify")
                (:file "make-html-pages")))

The package file:

(defpackage #:ftisv44
   (:use :cl    :cl-extra :cl-ppcre :cl-fad :graham :cl-gd-ext :json-pt
:html5 :cl-who)
   (:shadowing-import-from :cl-who :str :htm :fmt)
   (:export
    ;; from common.lisp
    #:delete-files
    #:clear-errors
    #:print-errors
    #:report-error
    #:make-vec
    #:subvector
    #:inner-product
    #:complexp*
    #:inv*
    #:realpart*
    #:imagpart*
    #:conjugate*
    #:abs*
    #:cos*
    #:sin**
    #:cexp*
    #:truncate*
    #:floor*
    #:round*
    #:magsqr
    #:scale
    #:complex*
    #:add
    #:sub
    #:mul
    #:div
    #:sum
    #:sumsqr
    #:mean
    #:var*
    #:max*
    #:maxabs
    #:enough-bits
    #:clip
    #:symclip
    #:to-fixeddpoint
    #:diff
    #:set-vectors-enable
    #:add-to-vfiles
    #:get-vfiles
    #:clear-vfiles
    #:write-vector
    #:read-vec
    #:read-dat
    #:write-integers
    #:make-zip
    #:make-tarball
    #:gen-vec
    #:compute-stats
    #:blank
    #:centersym
    #:autocor
    #:fft
    #:fftd
    ;;
    #:clear-accums
    #:get-accums
    #:accumulate-unique
    #:print-accums
    ;;
    #:clear-dranges
    #:get-dranges
    #:bitwidth
    #:accumulate-drange
    #:print-dranges
    ;; cordic
    #:cordic-sqrt
    #:cordic-log
    #:cordic-log-fp
    ;;
    #:fir-filter
    #:find-peaks
    #:interpolate
    ;;
    #:set-plots-enable
    #:error_plots-enabled-p
    #:data_plots-enabled-p
    #:gd-plot
    #:gd-plot-2

    ;; from vectors.lisp
    #:set-verify
    #:verify-p
    #:get-verify-src
    #:get-verify-dir
    ;;
    #:with-vector
    #:has-vector
    #:svectors-remaining
    #:next-svector-length
    #:clear-vector-table
    #:write-vector-status
    #:add-vector
    #:next-vector-length
    #:vectors-remaining
    #:lookat-vector
    #:read-vector
    #:subvec
    #:load-vectors
    #:with-test-vector
    #:while-test-vector
    ;;
    #:translate-fifo
    #:print-fifo-errorbits
    ;;
    #:compare-and-inject
    ;;
    #:clear-test-results
    #:print-test-results
    #:plot-vector
    #:plot-overlay-vectors
    #:compare-vectors
    #:compare-values
    #:make-unsigned
    #:compare-peaks

    ;; from waveforms.lisp
    #:*waveforms-dir*
    #:waveform-setname
    #:waveform-file
    #:waveform-iw
    #:waveform-hb
    #:waveform-awall
    #:waveform-state
    #:waveform-notes
    #:make-waveform
    #:waveform-vdir
    #:get-waveforms
    #:with-waveform-sets
    #:generate-ilaunch2

    ;; from octave.lisp
    #:max-wall
    #:octave-model

    ;; from verify.lisp
    #:gen-vhdl-vectors
    #:gen-1ping-per-setname
    #:gen-vhdl-mping-vectors
    #:gen-mping-per-setname
    #:run-verification
    #:compare-model-octave
    #:compare-model-octave-all
    #:unpack-new-tarball
    #:process-vhdl-tarball
    #:process-all-vhdl-tarballs

    ;; from make-html-pages
    #:make-html-data-site
    ))

Then at the top of a (non-project source file located in a data directory)

(in-package :ftisv44)

After all that, when I put the point on, say, the function
ftisv44:run-verification and press Alt-. I still get

* Error: end of file on #<SB-IMPL::STRING-INPUT-STREAM {1005A81C63}>**
*

Regards,
Jeff