Different behavior: CCL w/SLIME

Michael Rice limitcase at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:06:36 UTC 2013

If I'm in SLIME and I enter (ql:quickload :cl-ppcre) in the REPL I get this
error:

READ from #<INPUT STRING-INPUT-STREAM>: there is no package with name
#1="QL"
   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]

However, if I enter the same in the CCL command line (no SLIME) I get this:

[mrice at sabal ~]$ ccl
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.9-r15757  (LinuxX8664)!
? (ql:quickload :cl-ppcre)
To load "cl-ppcre":
  Load 1 ASDF system:
    cl-ppcre

(:CL-PPCRE)
?

Why the difference?

I ran a regular expression example from the CCL command line and PPCRE
seems to be working OK.

What must I do to use Quicklisp from the SLIME REPL?

Michael