tests for contrib/slime-cl-indent.el are broken

Robert Brown robert.brown at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 01:49:23 UTC 2013

Thanks for taking a look at my patch for fixing the tests of
slime-cl-indent.

I agree that setting comment-column to nil is generally not right,
but it's a buffer-local variable and my change only sets it to nil
in the buffer that's used for testing slime-cl-indent code.  The
last change to slime-cl-indent.el removed code that sets it to
nil for all Common Lisp buffers.  That's why tests are currently
broken.

I can take another look at the testing code, to see if there's
another way to fix things.  Many of the tests are broken right now.
If using comment-inline-offset words, can I employ it, or do
you require that test code work on Emacs 23?

Also, does the endless recursion you mentioned occur when
executing indent-sexp or when hitting TAB on one of the lines
or code?

Thanks again.

Bob