[slime-devel] cutting and pasting S-expressions from buffer to REPL

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Mon May 14 18:45:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, 14 May 2012, Dave Cooper wrote:

> Oh yes - C-x C-e to evaluate the preceding expression "in place." That
> would indeed normally accomplish what it sounds like he is trying to
> do.

No, I'm trying to copy it over to the REPL. The idea is to try to evaluate
the S-expression on its own. This doesn't work if one tries to evaluate it
directly inside the function because typically it needs to use stuff
(variables) that are defined by evaluations outside that expression. This
works fine for self-contained expressions, but those are the exception.

Anyway, the idea of copying it over to the REPL is so I can modify it
suitably.

                                                       Regards, Faheem