[slime-devel] Today's Daily ChangeLog diff

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Mon May 7 15:25:08 UTC 2012

On 05/06/2012 02:22 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:
> * Paul Bowyer [2012-05-06 17:40] writes:
>
>> Is the "test.sh" script I find in the slime directory a useful tool to
>> use on new slime upgrades or am I expecting too much from it?
> Thanks for running the tests!  The 3 new failures are indeed a
> regression: I tried to use the :timeout argument of
> sb-thread:condition-wait that was added in version 1.0.54 or so.
> Obviously it doesn't work as I had expected; I'll restore the previous
> version.  And yes, the purpose of the script is to catch such things.
>
> The 3 remaining failures are a known problem but nothing serious.  Those
> only fail in SBCL due to some quirks of its pretty printer.
>
> Helmut

Hello Helmut:

Thanks for the reply. I see that the fixes you made correct all of the
errors I was experiencing when running the test script.

For some reason I don't understand, however, I had to download a new
copy of slime twice before the test would pass. I failed to note the
errors on my first attempt, but just deleted the entire slime directory
and downloaded it again. The second download evidently succeeded because
the tests ran without problems. Is there a CVS command or a checksum
arrangement that will verify that the current download has been done
correctly? Sorry for my ignorance...

Thanks,

Paul Bowyer