[slime-devel] Unicode character misbehavior?

Anton Kovalenko anton at sw4me.com
Fri Oct 28 23:48:22 UTC 2011

"Jeffrey Cunningham" <jeffrey at jkcunningham.com> writes:

> That's it. When I do this the inferior Lisp process is terminated "by
> remote peer".
>
> (let ((dangerous-string "This is a smiley-face: ☺"))
>   (print "Important safety tip: don't do this."))

You need M-x customize-variable <RET> slime-net-coding-system <RET>:
set slime-net-coding-system to something like utf-8-unix.

P.S.

What's described here is not a rare problem, and it would be great to do
something about it within SLIME. Negotiating the best coding system with
SWANK shouldn't be hard to implement: it's possible to change coding
system of a process in emacs after it's started.

--
Regards, Anton Kovalenko
+7(916)345-34-02 | Elektrostal' MO, Russia