[slime-devel] "Error in timer" slime-attempt-connection

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Sat Nov 19 23:44:43 UTC 2011

Update:

Yes, updating to the latest version worked.  Belated thanks to Helmut
for that.

On my AWS EC2, yum install emacs would not go to the latest version, but
one before the fixes described below as coming after Dec. 2010.

I followed these instructions to build the latest (thanks to Hans (as
usual) for these).

   build emacs from source, it should be nothing more than getting
   and unpacking the tarball, then:

   sudo yum remove emacs # i think, to remove the old emacs
   sudo yum install -y ncurses-devel
   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-xpm=no
   make
   sudo make install

Then '/usr/local/bin/emacs' to run it.  (It was in my path, but for some
reason I could
not just do 'emacs' until I logged out and logged back in again.)

Hope this helps anyone else that might feel stuck.

-Mark