[slime-devel] "Error in timer" slime-attempt-connection

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Nov 11 08:38:52 UTC 2011

* Mark H. David [2011-11-11 05:42] writes:

> I keep getting this error in SLIME/emacs/AWS EC2
>
> Anyone familiar with this?  If I try again and again, it goes away and
> all works well until the next time or the time after that.

There is a problem with older Emacsen that causes a similar problem.
When such an old Emacsen receives a signal during connect, Emacs closes
the connection and tries to reconnect.  Newer Emacs versions wait until
the file descriptor for the socket becomes readable.  I think that
problem was fixed in versions after Dec. 2010.

Helmut