[slime-devel] Add hook to swank::dispatch-event

Paulo Madeira acelent at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:01:09 UTC 2011

2011/4/14 Paulo Madeira <acelent at gmail.com>:
> What do you think about adding a hook to swank::dispatch-event, much
> alike the mechanism in slime-dispatch-event? The purpose would be to
> support any set of commands that the contribs add, or even the user,
> through .swank.lisp or any other means.
>
> Right now, you can't send any command to Emacs that isn't in
> dispatch-event's destructuring-case.

I've attached a patch implementing this suggestion, please take a look at it.

I don't know if add-hook should be exported too and if a remove-hook
should be implemented.

I suggest that we eventually refactor all the contrib's events that
are in swank::dispatch-event out into their respective source files,
e.g. making functions that return non-nil when they handle an event
and add-hook them in the end of the file.

Regards,

Paulo Madeira