[slime-devel] slime-beginning-of-defun doesn't push point

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Mar 3 07:15:03 UTC 2011

* Mark H. David [2011-03-02 21:32] writes:

> When you do C-M-A (slime-beginning-of-defun), and then do C-u M-space,
> it's supposed to take you back where you started. This doesn't seem to
> work now.  I'm not sure when this got broken, or why, or if it's an
> intentional "improvement", and I don't have time to track it down.  If
> anyone knows what's going on with that, I'd appreciate knowing.  I think
> it should be fixed for everyone, but I'd settle for a private patch.
> Thanks!

I wasn't even aware that C-M-a pushes the mark.  C-M-a is bound to
slime-beginning-of-defun in contrib/slime-editing-commands.el.  If you
don't load that contrib you get the plain beginning-of-defun that pushes
the mark.

The problem seems to be that slime-beginning-of-defun calls
beginning-of-defun as subroutine but beginning-of-defun only pushes the
mark after inspecting the this-command variable to see if the command is
called beginning-of-defun.  Maybe using call-interactively would help.

Helmut