[slime-devel] Slime and the default pathname basic question

Matus Kmit simply.nitaai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 06:39:07 UTC 2011

Hi everybody

i have some basic slime/lisp question.

Normally if i start lisp from the command line in a particular
directory, this directory is set as the default path in the lisp
interpreter. So i can load any other file in the same directory simple
by (load "filename").

In emacs slime, as soon as i start the slime-mode the default path is
set to my linux home directory (i checked it in
*default-pathname-defaults*).

So my question is, what is the most straightforward method to set up
slime (or lisp, or my lisp file) in such a way, that the default path
is set to the currently loaded file?

Many thanks
matus