[slime-devel] Slime with multi processing

Andrew Myers asm198 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:34:50 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,
I work on a Lisp project using Allegro Common Lisp and recently started
investigating using SLIME instead of the Franz's package.  I had tried to do
this about a year ago when I started this job but for various reasons never
pursued it very far.  I much prefer SLIME over the Franz package and have
most of the functionality I'm used to working already with the exception of
multiprocessing debugging.

We have a few other threads running using the Franz Multiprocessing API but
when using SLIME the output from these threads (both stdout and trace
output) only goes to the *inferior-lisp* buffer, it does not show up in the
SLIME repl.  Can anyone point me to documentation on how to fix this?  I've
been looking through the SLIME manual and online but haven't been able to
find anything yet.

Thanks,
Andrew Myers