[slime-devel] Can't load sbcl...

Kalyanov Dmitry kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com
Sun May 23 18:00:54 UTC 2010

On Sunday 23 May 2010 19:19:05, Olwe Melwasul wrote:
> First post here. I'm a newbie to all things lisp. Hopefully this is the
> place to ask...

It's probably better to ask on sbcl-help list.

> Alas, the limbo between hand-installed and apt-get wizardry therein I am no
> doubt lost. Actually, my Emacs (23.1.1), my Slime (1:20090908-1 according
> to Synaptic) and Clisp were all apt-got. Can this be sorted out? Or must I
> blitz my hard drive, install NetBSD, Stump, and everything Lisp from
> source?

The error message is about the CLC package which is the Debian's common-lisp-
controller (some sort of infrastructure that is now mostly obsoleted). It
looks like that SLIME in Debian/Ubuntu is set up to use CLC and SBCL doesn't
know how to load it (because probably Debian's SBCL packages also install
configuration files). But you probably don't need CLC, so you can just install
vanilla version of SLIME instead of the one provided in repository.

----
Кальянов Дмитрий