[slime-devel] Slime vs Franz Eli

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Wed May 19 06:47:13 UTC 2010

"Chris Kim" <chrisk414 at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi, all,
>
> I've been using Slime on top of Franz ACL for quite a while.
> My experience with Slime is very positive and I like Slime better in every
> aspects except in following situations.
>
>     1. Slime debugger: It prints bunch of Slime (swank: ..... ) related
> messages that I'm not interested.
> It's always hard to trying to comb through messages that I'm interested. How
> can I turn Slime related messages off?
It should include swank frames only at the bottom, unless you have
swank-backend:*debug-swank-backend* set to T.

>    2. While debugging, evaulating expression does not print anything but only
> the retuned result.  Can I have it print to the standard output, i.e., console?
You can set swank:*globally-redirect-io* to T.

>    3. Lack of REPL command: Franz Eli supports REPL commands, for
> example, ":proc"  for listing processes, ":pa" to change package and so on.
> Is there way to add them in?
There are commands prefixed with ",", for example, ",in" to change
package. There is no analogue to :proc command, but it's accessible
through C-c C-x t key, and you can easily add one with:

(defslime-repl-shortcut nil  ("processes")
  (:handler 'slime-list-threads))

--
With Best Regards, Stas.