[slime-devel] Slime vs Franz Eli

Chris Kim chrisk414 at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 06:15:58 UTC 2010

Hi, all,

I've been using Slime on top of Franz ACL for quite a while.
My experience with Slime is very positive and I like Slime better in every aspects except in following situations.

    1. Slime debugger: It prints bunch of Slime (swank: ..... ) related messages that I'm not interested.
It's always hard to trying to comb through messages that I'm interested. How can I turn Slime related messages off?

   2. While debugging, evaulating expression does not print anything but only the retuned result.  Can I have it print to the standard output, i.e., console?

   3. Lack of REPL command: Franz Eli supports REPL commands, for example, ":proc"  for listing processes, ":pa" to change package and so on.
Is there way to add them in?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your efforts making Slime the best list-emacs interface.

-chris