[slime-devel] custom indentation of read macros

Tamas K Papp tkpapp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:50:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:37:38 +0100, Helmut Eller wrote:

> * Tamas K Papp [2010-01-27 15:30+0100] writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to specify indentation for read macros?
>>
>> Slime already indents built-in read macros correctly, eg
>
> A common misunderstanding is that Slime does indentation, but in reality
> indentation is performed solely by common-lisp-indent-function. Shipped
> with standard Emacs.

I think I was misled by contrib/slime-indentation.el, but upon closer
inspection, it turned out to be cl-indent.

> I'm not aware of a way to customize common-lisp-indent-function to
> support what you want.

I understand now -- looking at the code, I guess it would require a
different kind of parsing.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but who maintains cl-indent?  I would
like to contact them with this question.

Tamas