[slime-devel] custom indentation of read macros

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Wed Jan 27 15:37:38 UTC 2010

* Tamas K Papp [2010-01-27 15:30+0100] writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to specify indentation for read macros?
>
> Slime already indents built-in read macros correctly, eg

A common misunderstanding is that Slime does indentation, but in reality
indentation is performed solely by common-lisp-indent-function.
Shipped with standard Emacs.

Slime pulls in some information from the Lisp process so that
common-lisp-indent-function can find it.  That's all.

I'm not aware of a way to customize common-lisp-indent-function to
support what you want.

Helmut