[slime-devel] slime-repl-kill-input

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Jan 11 17:26:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
> Irène Durand <idurand at labri.fr> writes:
>> In SLIME, I was used to use the key C-c-C-u which was bound to the command
>> slime-repl-kill-input
> Perhaps there's even a standard Emacs key binding which is equivalent to
>
>  (kill-region (point) (point-max))
>
> So you can use C-M-a to jump to the start of the REPL, and then issue
> that keybinding if it exists -- obliterating the need for
> slime-repl-kill-input.

It would be great to have C-c C-u available for slime-repl-kill-input.
It's an important comint.el key binding that many users (including
myself) use all the time. We should try to keep the SLIME REPL as
close as possible to comint.el behavior.

I would think the use of slime-undefine-function is much rarer, so we
could move that to a different keybinding.

Matthias
--
Matthias Koeppe -- http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~mkoeppe