[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Mark Harig idirectscm at aim.com
Sun Apr 18 17:29:12 UTC 2010

> P.S. Could you send unified diffs (-u option), it's much easier to
read.

I have been sending "context" difference listings because that is what
is specified for patches in the Emacs manual:

M-: (info "(emacs) Sending Patches")

   * Use `diff -c' to make your diffs.  Diffs without context are hard
     to install reliably.  More than that, they are hard to study; we
     must always study a patch to decide whether we want to install it.
     Unidiff format is better than contextless diffs, but not as easy
     to read as `-c' format.

Unfortunately, the SLIME manual does not document the preferred format
for difference listings in patches.  Could the primary developers come
to an agreement on what they prefer and add that to slime.texi?