[slime-devel] Emacs menus and warnings

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 14:51:57 UTC 2010

I used to always see the good menus created by SLIME, such as "Lisp"
and "SLIME".

These days, I usually see the SLIME-originated menus on the Emacs menu
bar ("Lisp", "Presentations" and "SLIME", "REPL") -- but all of them are
usually empty.

Not always:

  * Yesterday, after picking up Helmut's changes, I saw the menu items
     in these menus.

  * In one instance of Emacs now, I can see only items in the "Lisp"
    menu.

  * In another instance of Emacs, all these menus are empty.

What drives building these menus?  Is there a variable to tweak?

Separately, FYI, these are the warnings I get compiling the freshest
SLIME:

    In slime-complete-maybe-restore-window-configuration:
    slime.el:3620:20:Warning: `last-command-char' is an obsolete variable
    (as of Emacs at least 19.34); use `last-command-event' instead.

    slime.el:4717:20:Warning: `next-line' used from Lisp code
    That command is designed for interactive use only

    slime.el:4718:20:Warning: `previous-line' used from Lisp code
    That command is designed for interactive use only

    In slime-next-line/not-add-newlines:
    slime.el:4730:10:Warning: `next-line' used from Lisp code
    That command is designed for interactive use only

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov at comcast.net --