[slime-devel] Restart Numbering

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:11:38 UTC 2009

> If you read carefully upthread I've stated in this thread is MY
> experience and MY usage scenario, which I have been carefully qualified.
> What makes you think I've extrapolated anything?
Do you mean this?

"Even then, the motivation is both bogus and wrong and the design goes
against basic debugger sense which ALL implementations have implemented!"

or this?

"No, I think this is a general design consideration for all those
implementations."

maybe this?

"If you had tried the old way instead of rewriting it, you would have
liked that too, AND not
screwed all other usages."

> Tobias seems to recognize that the others usage scenarios are results of
> miscoding/not understanding how restart contours work.
It is not only impractical to do what you suggest even within a single
library, but try to do this cross library!

levy

--
There's no perfectoin