[slime-devel] Closing a SLIME connection without stopping the SWANK server

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Oct 10 12:00:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Having now got a SWANK server that doesn't kill its host Lisp when it is
stopped, I'm wondering if it's possible to close a SLIME connection without
stopping the SWANK server?

At the moment, when I do ',disconnect' in my SLIME REPL it stops the SWANK
server and I have to re-attach to the SBCL image (using attachtty) and recreate
the SWANK server before I can re-connect again with SLIME.

I've tried setting swank:*dont-close* to true, but it makes no difference.

Perhaps ',disconnect' is supposed to stop the SWANK server... I don't know.

My swank:*comunication-style* is currently 'spawn'.  I wonder if changing this
might affect things?  (Strangely, swank-backend:preferred-communication-style
is unbound).

Kind regards,

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.