[slime-devel] slime repl AND slime-fancy vs. XEmacs

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Tue Nov 17 08:09:45 UTC 2009

I never really heard of anyone intentionally running SLIME without
running the
REPL.  I thought the REPL was the essence of using SLIME.  At least, I think
it's the most common way people run SLIME.  If I'm at all close to right,
I would still like to see it there on that main installation doc page.
Couldn't it shown as an example along with explaining
that it's a "contrib", but it's the most commonly used one, and then sending
them off to the contrib doc for extra information?  That's what I'd like
to see.

Anyhow, I think the changes as you have them are an improvement, as step
in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark