[slime-devel] start slime mit-scheme failed

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Nov 12 11:44:35 UTC 2009

* Darren Hoo [2009-11-12 09:23+0100] writes:

[...]
> The version of mit-scheme I used is 7.7.90+20090107-1,which is supposed
> to work with slime as described in swank-mit-scheme.scm.I can verify
> that The file
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/slime/contrib/slime-asdf.el has been
> successfully loaded
>
> what could possibly be wrong? I'm quite a newbie on scheme. I would
> appreciated that someone can help me out.

slime-asdf.el loads some stuff into the lisp side after connecting.
That doesn't work for mit-scheme.  Try to configure slime so that it
doesn't load any contribs expect perhaps slime-repl, ie. remove all
other arguments from slime-setup in your .emacs.

It's currently not possible to load/unload different sets of contribs
for different backends.

Helmut