[slime-devel] Lispbox SLIME 2.0 version output goes to *inferior-lisp* buffer instead of to *slime-repl clisp-2.37* buffer on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3

Benjamin L. Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Fri May 29 07:39:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 15:06:30 +0900, Benjamin L. Russell
<DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com> wrote:

>The output of the following program solving the Towers of Hanoi
>problem in Common Lisp directs the output of the "format" statement to
>the "*inferior-lisp*" buffer instead of to the "*slime-repl
>clisp-2.37*" buffer on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3:
>
>>(defun hanoi (n)
>>	   (hanoi-helper n 'A 'B 'C))
>>
>>(defun hanoi-helper (n source dest using)
>>	   (cond ((equalp n 1) (format t "Move disc from ~A to ~A.~%" source dest))
>>		 (t (progn
>>		      (hanoi-helper (- n 1) source using dest)
>>		      (hanoi-helper 1 source dest using)
>>		      (hanoi-helper (- n 1) using dest source)))))
>
>When "M-x slime-redirect-inferior-output RET" is invoked in Lispbox
>Emacs, the output is redirected correctly, but so is the rest of the
>output to the "*inferior-lisp*" buffer.  This is not a clean solution.
>
>Does anybody know how to get the above hanoi-helper procedure to
>direct the output of the "format" statement correctly to the REPL,
>instead of to the "*inferior-lisp*" buffer?
>
>(This point is probably not relevant, but I have reconfigured Lispbox
>to call my .emacs file using my existing GNU Emacs 22.3.1
>installation.)

Actually, I just discovered that the "format" statement does work
correctly if I use the default Lispbox setup, which ignores my .emacs
file, but does not work if set it up to use my .emacs file.

Here is the relevant code for invoking SLIME with CLISP and Clojure:

>;; Setup for Clojure
>(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Program Files/Clojure Box/swank-clojure")
>(require 'swank-clojure-autoload)
>(swank-clojure-config
> (setq swank-clojure-jar-path "C:/Program Files/Clojure Box/clojure/clojure-1.0.0.jar")
> (setq swank-clojure-extra-classpaths (list "C:/Program Files/Clojure Box/clojure-contrib/classes/clojure/contrib")))
>
>;; Setup for SLIME
>; (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
>(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/bin/clisp-2.45/full/lisp.exe
>-B C:/bin/clisp-2.45/full
>-M C:/bin/clisp-2.45/full/lispinit.mem
>-ansi -q")
>(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/bin/emacs/site-lisp/slime/")
>(require 'slime)
>(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf slime-banner))

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

-- Benjain L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^