[slime-devel] Lispbox SLIME 2.0 version output goes to *inferior-lisp* buffer instead of to *slime-repl clisp-2.37* buffer on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3

Benjamin L. Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Fri May 29 06:06:30 UTC 2009

The output of the following program solving the Towers of Hanoi
problem in Common Lisp directs the output of the "format" statement to
the "*inferior-lisp*" buffer instead of to the "*slime-repl
clisp-2.37*" buffer on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3:

>(defun hanoi (n)
>	   (hanoi-helper n 'A 'B 'C))
>
>(defun hanoi-helper (n source dest using)
>	   (cond ((equalp n 1) (format t "Move disc from ~A to ~A.~%" source dest))
>		 (t (progn
>		      (hanoi-helper (- n 1) source using dest)
>		      (hanoi-helper 1 source dest using)
>		      (hanoi-helper (- n 1) using dest source)))))

When "M-x slime-redirect-inferior-output RET" is invoked in Lispbox
Emacs, the output is redirected correctly, but so is the rest of the
output to the "*inferior-lisp*" buffer.  This is not a clean solution.

Does anybody know how to get the above hanoi-helper procedure to
direct the output of the "format" statement correctly to the REPL,
instead of to the "*inferior-lisp*" buffer?

(This point is probably not relevant, but I have reconfigured Lispbox
to call my .emacs file using my existing GNU Emacs 22.3.1
installation.)

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^