[slime-devel] copying result from minibuffer

Mark Harig idirectscm at aim.com
Sat May 2 16:36:51 UTC 2009

Tamas K Papp wrote:
> When I evaluate something, eg with C-x C-e, the result appears in the
> minibuffer.  Is there a way I can copy it from there?  It would be
> nice to paste it into e-mails etc, but when I press a key it
> disappears.

 From the description of C-x C-e:

"...Interactively, with prefix argument, print output into current buffer."

So, C-u C-x C-e will print the output of the evaluated expression in the
current buffer.

See also, (info "(emacs)Lisp Eval"):

   "If `C-x C-e', or `M-:' is given a numeric argument, it inserts the
value into the current buffer at point, rather than displaying it in
the echo area.  The argument's value does not matter."