[slime-devel] unhooking from slime before saving sbcl core?

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Mar 1 18:44:45 UTC 2009

Michael Hannemann <mrh3 at pobox.com> writes:

> When I write a core image out from SBCL which I'm talking to via
> SLIME, then try to load it from the command line without SLIME, I get
> a long stream of warning messages.  This happens immediately on
> startup.  I've deleted my .sbclrc file so user init is not to blame.
> (Also, when I start up SBCL from the shell, this doesn't happen.)

It is not a good idea trying to invoke SB-EXT:SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE while
Slime is connected to a running SWANK server.

Forking first, and then invoking it, is a somewhat better idea, although
I'm not certain (and not knowledgeable enough) about how good it really
is. There's a SWANK-BACKEND:SAVE-IMAGE function which, on SBCL, goes the
fork route but does not seem to work at all right now.

> Any advice?

Do not do this. :-)

  -T.