[slime-devel] Restart Frame on Clozure

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Fri Jul 17 19:58:55 UTC 2009

On Jul 17, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> Terje Norderhaug <terje at in-progress.com> writes:
>
>> Could perhaps frame-restartable-p be defined for #+powerpc in
>> openmcl-
>> swank? I am eager to use this functionality with Clozure even if it
>> does not yet work on all hardware platforms.
>
> Notice that FRAME-RESTARTABLE-P has _no_ consequences on the
> ability to
> restart from frames. All it does is to make frames that are known
> to be restartable be
> fontified specially in the SLDB buffer.

I am aware of that (having implemented support for frame restarts in
my swank client). Providing FRAME-RESTARTABLE-P for Clozure has the
practical consequence of making remote frame restarting "officially"
and visibly available at least for PowerPC, with the QA benefit of
the functionality being more used.

-- Terje