[slime-devel] very jerky scrolling while slime-repl buffer is shown

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Jan 16 14:58:26 UTC 2009

* David Reitter [2009-01-11 04:49+0100] writes:

> If you can't reproduce, let me know what else I should check.

SLIME does some font-locking; you could try to set
slime-highlight-suppressed-forms to nil before loading SLIME.

You could also byte-compile almost everything, to avoid
consing during macro expansion.

I usually leave scroll-conservatively to 0, so I can't say what would
qualify a smooth scrolling.  If I set scroll-conservatively to 1 and
SLIME isn't loaded at all, scrolling is also not entirely smooth and
stops for bit after 3 pages or so.  If SLIME is loaded it stops more
frequently ca. after 1 page.  Displaying the REPL buffer or not doesn't
seem to make a difference here.