[slime-devel] SBCL 10.0.22 + latest SLIME = broken?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Feb 18 11:26:44 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'd found out about the issues around SBCL, SLIME and Windows. I thought
perhaps I could just update my SLIME and perhaps some kind soul would have
made the pain go away :).

So yesterday I updated to the latest cvs version, deleted my ~/.slime/fasl/
directory, and started up SLIME. SLIME told me all the files it was
recompiling, and gave me a REPL. Great.

Then I tried to evaluate (+ 1 2), and got... nothing. Curious, I hit M-X
slime again, said "no" to starting up another inferior-lisp, and SLIME
started vomiting forth enormous amounts of stuff. The attachment shows the
first few hundred lines of output.

The second connection attempt starts at line 234, with this:

CL-USER> (+ 1 2)
(progn (load "c:/bin/emacs/site-lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp" :verbose t)
(funcall (read-from-string "swank-loader:init")) (funcall (read-from-string
"swank:start-server") "c:/DOCUME~1/FrankS/LOCALS~1/Temp/slime.2444"
:coding-system "iso-latin-1-unix"))

;; swank:close-connection: end of file on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a socket"
{247C9DA9}>

Any idea what's going on?

I figure that my system _used_ to be correctly set up, because it just
worked (modulo the HANDLE-LISTEN issue).

frank