[slime-devel] Some xemacs issues/fixes

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:27:48 UTC 2009

I finally got back to trying the latest slime (today's CVS) with xemacs
and cmucl today.

One long standing bug is that xemacs' goto-char doesn't like nil.  This
shows up with C-x C-k and there are no warnings or errors.  I get an
error about nil not being an integer or marker.  It comes from
slime-find-note, in the loop that runs (goto-char (funcall
next-candidate-fn (point) 'slime-note).  I changed that so goto-char
isn't called if funcall returns nil.  This gets rid of the warning.

I also noticed that slime-autodoc makes post-command-hook a buffer-local
hook.  It might be a bug in xemacs but the post-command-hook becomes
(slime-post-command-hook t).  I think that "t" causes problems.
Manually removing it makes it work much better.

However, my default post-command-hook value is '(paren-highlight), so
when it's made buffer-local, I lose the paren-highlighting.  This used
to work fine with slime from 2008-11-23 or so.

Is there something I can do to make paren-highlight still used?  I
really miss the paren highlighting.

Thanks,

Ray