[slime-devel] Emacs 23 and slow compilation output

Constantine Vetoshev gepardcv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:20:48 UTC 2009

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> Hmm... this sounds like this bug:
> http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3441
> but that was fixed before the release.

Fascinating. It's certainly related. I tried this:

(setq compilation-error-regexp-alist nil)
(setq compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist nil)

Which reduced the delay significantly. The minibuffer flickers a bit
while displaying the "fontifying" message, but this made things usable
again. Thanks :)

Is there an easy way to prevent SLIME compilation messages from getting
fontified using those regexps at all? I'm hoping for a lighter-weight
solution than just clobbering these variables.

> How many messages are in the compilation buffer?

None, actually. The compilation buffer just says "0 compiler notes:".

> Do you have some unusual filenames?

Not at all. 5-10 characters, all ASCII letters.

--
Regards,
Constantine Vetoshev