[slime-devel] locked in *inferior-lisp*

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:45:33 UTC 2009

After upgrading to a recentish SLIME (from a few weeks ago), a
colleague working on another project reports that:

First, I use slime-interactive-eval in the slime-connected-hook to do
various bits of QPX setup: switch packages, load some custom debugging
code, and start the QPX running.  Starting a QPX running can take up to
a minute.  The old SLIME would pop up the nice REPL, display the output
from starting the QPX server, and allow me to switch to other buffers.
The new SLIME freezes emacs in the *inferior-lisp* buffer without
opening the REPL, does not display the output from starting the QPX
server until it's finished, and most importantly does not allow me to do
other work in the emacs.  Is there any way to get the old behavior back?

Never try not to think, it won't work.
        -- Tril