[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Aug 2 13:01:29 UTC 2009

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Tobias C. Rittweiler [2009-08-01 11:21+0200] writes:
>
>> Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:
>>
>>> +	* slime.el (slime-maybe-show-compilation-log): New function.
>>> +	(slime-compilation-finished-hook): Use it.  Now that the
>>> +	compilation buffer gets not selected it's more acceptable to
>>> +	display it more often.
>>
>> It shows up even for redefinition style-warnings. The old notes tree
>> used to be able to filter those away. Could we reinstate that?
>
> Not sure what you mean with "that".  The notes tree didn't filter away
> anything.  And the tree stuff is still in contrib/.

It seems I'm misremembering something. I thought it would decide whether
to show the log/notes tree by looking at the severity of the notes.

I just comitted the following:

  - Add a new severity :redefinition for notes.

  - (I only updated SBCL's swank backend to make use of it. Backends of
    other implementations that are as verbose as SBCL (CMUCL?) should be
    updated as well.)

  - Do not show the compilation log if every note represents a
    redefinition.

> > I'd also like if the notes were indented by two spaces after the file
> > name. Perhaps that would help making the log appear more structured.
>
> Maybe. Let's try it.

My commit also did that. It also inserts some additional newlines. I
hope it's easier now to extract information from the log.

  -T.