[slime-devel] Re: default connections

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Sep 28 10:18:45 UTC 2008

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Tobias C. Rittweiler [2008-09-27 18:47+0200] writes:
>
> > I'd use it when I've got a .lisp
> > buffer open and want to test some things in it in different
> > implementations.
>
> For this purpose you could also use slime-cycle-connections as it is
> now.

Unfortunately not. In my setup I have a few .lisp buffers open, and if I
use `slime-cycle-connections' in buffer A, then a bit later in buffer B,
the connection of buffer A ist untouched.

I'll do the following changes if you agree to them:

  a) Introduce `slime-set-buffer-local-connection' that does the
     prompting I mentioned in my previous mail.

  b) Introduce `slime-cycle-default-connection' that changes the default
     connection only.

  c) Rename `slime-cycle-connections' to `slime-cycle-buffer-connection'
     and implement it on top of the above to functions.

All three functions seem to be useful.

  -T.