[slime-devel] Re: default connections

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Sep 27 14:52:43 UTC 2008

* Tobias C. Rittweiler [2008-09-26 23:52+0200] writes:

>> Being able to do C-c C-c in a buffer without worrying which lisp it's
>> going to go to is a good thing.
>
> That's why I proposed to add another command to make a connection
> buffer-local.

And what would that other command do?  Select a connection, other than
the current connection, and make it buffer local?

> But it's not something that follows from a command called
> `slime-cycle-connection'.

slime-cycle-connections does what it is supposed to do, ie. it does what
the docstring says.

What are you complaining about?

A) the name "slime-cycle-connections"
B) that slime-cycle-connections changes slime-default-connection
C) that slime-cycle-connections changes slime-buffer-connection
D) something else

If you can't stand the name, then change the name.

B) is debatable, but might be convenient.

C) is the main purpose of the command.  If you delete that part you can
just as well remove the entire command.