[slime-devel] Re: printing large amounts of text at once breaks with SBCL/:fd-handler

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Sep 22 17:54:21 UTC 2008

* Bart Botta [2008-09-22 00:29+0200] writes:

> Current CVS slime breaks when a large amount of text is printed to the
> REPL when using :fd-handler communication style on SBCL (tested on
> 1.0.19 and 1.0.20).

Apparently something changed in SBCL between 1.0.4 and 1.0.19.
Previously only the last established handler per fd would be called, now
they call all handlers.  As a consequence, read-char-no-hang may now
hang if we have a fd-handler on the same fd.  (It hangs in unix-read
inside a without-interrupts.  Bonus points for that feat :-)

Should be no longer be an issue for CVS SLIME.