[slime-devel] Problems with cvs slime

Alexandre Passos alexandre.tp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 20:09:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

Until recently I was using slime 2.0 without any issues. This week I
decided to upgrade to the cvs version. I use ubuntu Hardy Heron, sbcl
1.0.11.debian and emacs23 (ubuntu's cvs snapshot).

After a small time of usage (sometimes not enough to eval a single
expression in the repl, sometimes longer) slime stops responding (for
example, hanging emacs when I ask for symbol completion). In the
*inferior-lisp* buffer I see something like

;; Swank started at port: 60259.
60259
* fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 12153(tid 3085153968):
maximum interrupt nesting depth (32) exceeded

Welcome to LDB, a low-level debugger for the Lisp runtime environment.
ldb>

And from then all I manage to do is quit. Is there any way out, or
should I just downgrade?

Thanks
--
 - Alexandre