[slime-devel] Re: CMUCL Timers

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Tue Sep 16 00:37:51 UTC 2008

* Raymond Toy <48CBFC17.5010103 at gmail.com> :
Wrote on Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:44:55 -0400:

| Madhu wrote:
|> I'd like to see *use-dedicated-output-stream* supported: It is useful
|> and sometimes necessary for output to not to go through the whole of
|> slime repl's infrasturcture.
|
| What to you mean supported?  It seems to be supported.

I was remembering this thread
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/6507/

(I believe the REPL code was added without considering this variable
and mode of behaviour and so was incompatible, and now slime has to
discourage the use of the mode in effect deprecating it. Had it been
supported, the alternative design would have been a framework for the
repl machinery in which both modes of operation coexisted without
problems to either)

| Do you have any quick examples of using serve-timer?

Not at hand, but I could reconstruct them if needed

--
Madhu