[slime-devel] Re: Inspector doc

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Sep 8 20:56:48 UTC 2008

Madhu <enometh at meer.net> writes:

> Helu, I'm having trouble using the inspector effectively: some objects
> are truncated, some lists are truncated etc.  These boil down to
> bindings of printer variables [the debug state, etc]

On a related note, I don't like the overly aggressive truncating in
backtraces that was introduced recently, and is probably related to the
how it's done in the inspector.

OTOH, previously I sometimes cursed about the verbosity of backtraces,
and now I'm cursing for the lack of details. So I think this needs some
thought. Perhaps some way to increase the level of detail?

  -T.