[slime-devel] Inspector doc

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Thu Sep 4 06:47:20 UTC 2008

Helu, I'm having trouble using the inspector effectively: some objects
are truncated, some lists are truncated etc.  These boil down to
bindings of printer variables [the debug state, etc]

Can the inspector related variables be documented, and the rationale
spelt out as to which output is being truncated, why, and under what
circumstances?  Could the hardcoded constants be documented as being
hardcoded?

I suspect this is not too much to ask if the new inspector is a
"better thought out" replacement, the design could be explained in a
few paragraphs in comments in the code or in a separate doc.  I think
it is an important enough component of SLIME to define the behaviour
outside of the code which implements it.
--
Madhu