[slime-devel] 'q' in temporary buffer closes the window rather than returning to REPL

Michael Livshin gmane at cmm.kakpryg.net
Sat Nov 22 19:20:00 UTC 2008

"Brett Hoerner" <bretthoerner at gmail.com> writes:

> [W2 is destroyed, so I have to make a new window and bring up the
> slime-repl again --- C-x 2, C-x o, C-x b, find slime-repl, C-x o]

ow.

since the first time someone realized (way, way back; probably still
when lisp machines ruled the prehistoric Earth) that counting on emacs
window configuration being anywhere near pereservable (or even
predictable) is an exercise in futility, people adopted a convention
of devising so-called "selector keys" to quickly pop to persistent
interesting buffers.

C-c C-z from any SLIME-aware buffer will pop you into the SLIME REPL.

hth,
--m