[slime-devel] 'q' in temporary buffer closes the window rather than returning to REPL

Brett Hoerner bretthoerner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 18:37:28 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Currently, q just kills windows displaying the buffer. Occasionally,
> that kills a window that wasn't created specifically for a temp buffer.
> I can live with that, because I don't use more than 2 windows anyway.
> Not sure what other people need.

I don't use more than 2 either, but I guess I don't understand what
you mean here.

W1: clojure-mode editing foo.clj [with cursor]
W2: slime-repl

I'm in W1 and I C-c C-d C-d on 'defn', now I have

W1: clojure-mode editing foo.clj
W2: clojure documentation [with cursor]

Now I press 'q'

W1: clojure-mode editing foo.clj [with cursor]
[W2 is destroyed, so I have to make a new window and bring up the
slime-repl again --- C-x 2, C-x o, C-x b, find slime-repl, C-x o]

That's basically it.  So how does your work?  You seem to imply that
for you C-c C-d C-d opens a 3rd window that you don't mind deleting,
or something?  Mine re-uses W2 and I'm using the default
configuration.

Regards,
Brett