[slime-devel] Highlighting of forms from sldb?

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Nov 22 12:33:18 UTC 2008

* Raymond Toy [2008-11-01 04:22+0100] writes:

> I think this changed some time ago, but I didn't reported it.
>
> When I'm in sldb and press "v" on one of the stack frames, slime brings
> up the source file quite nicely in another window.  Previously (with
> xemacs), the offending form would be highlighted, with the cursor in the
> sldb buffer.
>
> Now, what happens is that the offending form is very momentarily
> highlighted (in blue).  Is my memory wrong, or has this changed?

Yes, I changed that.

> In any case, it's certainly much nicer if the form were highlighted,
> even if the cursor is in the sldb window.

The highlighting is occasionally distracting when the highlighted form
needs to be edited.

Also, at some point we have to remove the highlighting.  Previously the
next v command or quitting from the debugger removed the overlays.  With
temporary highlighting that problem is solved nicely, because the timer
does that.

I can restore the old behavior if you feel strong about it.