[slime-devel] Re: Pictures in the REPL -- Big Dirty hack

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat May 17 11:05:05 UTC 2008

* Patrick Collison [2008-05-07 17:05+0200] writes:

> Hmm. Would be interested to know if Helmut's stance has changed as a
> result of this work being independently done again.

Well no.  I don't think that SLIME needs support for pictures.  But I'm
willing to add enough hooks so that such features can be implemented
(possibly as contrib package) without changing SLIME.

There is already swank:*listener-eval-function* and
slime-write-string-function on the Emacs side.  Do you need more?